Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Prayer in the Desert

I have been having a bad week this week, sad about things passed and things to come and things with unknown outcomes.  I feel as though I am very tired, weary and in need of some reason to get up out of bed some days.  The burdens of everyone elses pain seems to be weighing so heavily on me and then of course the pain I carry of my own.
I say all this to say, Thursday night, after a pretty emotional day, I headed to band practice for our church praise band.  I loved the songs that were chosen for us to sing this upcoming Sunday, but the one that hit me  the hardest was the song by Hillsong, - Desert.  The lyrics grabbed me and picked me right up off the ground.  Songs tend to minister to my heart when I am down anyway, but this one was like a breath of fresh air. 

The Desert Song Lyrics

Verse 1:

This is my prayer in the desert

And all that's within me feels dry

This is my prayer in the hunger in me

My God is a God who provides



Verse 2:

And this is my prayer in the fire

In weakness or trial or pain

There is a faith proved

Of more worth than gold

So refine me Lord through the flames



Chorus:

And I will bring praise

I will bring praise

No weapon formed against me shall remain


I will rejoice

I will declare

God is my victory and He is here



Verse 3:

And this is my prayer in the battle

And triumph is still on it's way

I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ

So firm on His promise I'll stand



Bridge:

All of my life

In every season

You are still God

I have a reason to sing

I have a reason to worship



Verse 4:

This is my prayer in the harvest

When favor and providence flow

I know I'm filled to be emptied again

The seed I've received I will sow


I guess the song is just a reminder to me of what I need to feel in my heart. . .no matter WHAT circumstances are in my life, no matter what BATTLE  I am going through, I have the God of all God's on my side and He is the one that will carry me through.  The truth is that God is still God, no matter what season of life we are in.  Change is hard and along with Seasons of life come so much change, but if God is still God and still in charge, then what do I have to fear? Right?  God gives me a reason to sing and a reason to worship. . . even when circumstances don't seem joyful or worthy of even a smile.
 I especially like the last verse, where it talks about how we know we are filled to be emptied again, and how we are responsible to sow the seeds God gives us. I feel as though I keep trying to get filled and then I want to rest and never get empty again, because that is just easier.  So here is my new heart's desire.  I want God to fill me with HIM so I can sow the seeds in others, be emptied again, and come back to be filled by Him and only HIM.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! One of my favorite songs for the season I've been going through. Praying for you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, friend! Thanks for sharing--- always a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete